Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Blog #5 EDSS 521

This semester, I have been surprised by the literacy levels of my students. Some of my students literacy levels are for more advanced than most students their age. Some of my students are reading books that are above grade level for entertainment. Not surprisingly these same students are able to write and speak and much higher levels as well. On the other hand I have students that struggle to read simple texts and that would never consider reading for pleasure. This group of students also struggle with their writing and classroom comprehension. Before this semester I had no idea the disparity between students literacy would be so significant.

Sept. 30, 2013

My literacy rich classroom looks like a classroom full of students that are interested in what they are learning. The students are engaged in the many different class activities and group projects. The students are all reading a different book that is of interest to them that relates to the topic being taught and that will help them with one of the class projects.

Dec. 15, 2013

My literacy rich classroom looks like a class full of students that are ready for winter break! My students are engaged in finishing up a group project on World War 1. They are reading different primary sources on World War 1. They are writing about the causes and significance of the war in our world today. They are discussing the primary sources they used for their projects.

May 30, 2014

My literacy rich classroom looks like students that are prepared and ready to move onto U.S history. My students are engaged in group projects on the Cold War. They are capable of independent learning in all areas!

No comments:

Post a Comment